Sydney Emeralds offers a two competition programs that enable members to participate in State, National (held annually in either NSW, QLD, VIC or WA) and international competitions. There are opportunities for team members to be invited to train at the Australian Institute of Sport and to climb the ranks to join the National teams that represent Australia at World Championships and the Olympic Games.
Swimmers compete by age group according to rules of FINA (Federation Internationale de la Natation), international governing body, and SSAI (Synchronized Swimming Australia), the Australian national governing body. All Age Group competitors remain qualified from 1st January to the following 31st December at the age they are at the close of day (12 midnight) on 31st December of the year of the competition.
The age groups are:
- 12 years old & under
- 13 – 15 years old
- Junior (16 – 18 years old)
- Open (18+ years old)
- Maters (24+ years old)
The commitment is between 2-4 days per week.
The National Stream program provides athletes with tuition for age group appropriate figures and routines suitable for National competition.
The State Stream program provides athletes with tuition for age group appropriate figures and routines up to a State Level.
Competitive Team Tryout For New Season 2019-2020 is OPEN
For more information, please click HERE.
From $410 per term / 2 sessions pre week. Fees are based on a total number of sessions .
Fees do not include ASAI membership of $110 (paid annualy), pool entry for swimmers or spectators.
Our season starts in Term 2 and continues through until Nationals. We break for two weeks for school holidays.
Key Competitive Dates 2019/2020
- Term 2- April th – July 7th
- Term 3 – July 23th – September 29th
- Term 4 – October 15th – December 22th
- Term 1 (2019) – Jan 29th – April 13th
- Jan 14th– 22nd2019 – 9am -3pm (training will start the following week)
Competitions & Displays 2018/2019
- June 23rd – SNSW modified figure competition
- September 9th – Canberra Competition – Figure Competition & Half routine
- November 24th – SNSW state championships, Sydney Olympic Park
Competitions pending pool booking confirmation
- February 17th – Canberra competition – Figure Competition & Full routine
- March/April 2019 – Australian Nationals Championships– 4-day competition, Sydney Olympic Park
Other key dates
- December 1st – Xmas Display and BBQ