Swimmers compete by age group according to rules of FINA (Federation Internationale de la Natation), international governing body, and SSAI (Synchronized Swimming Australia), the Australian national governing body. All Age Group competitors remain qualified from 1st January to the following 31st December at the age they are at the close of day (12 midnight) on 31st December of the year of the competition.
The age groups are:
- 12 years old & under
- 13 – 15 years old
- Junior (16 – 18 years old)
- Open (18+ years old)
- Maters (24+ years old)
Our Competitive Teams train for state, national and international competitions. The commitment is between 2-4 days per week.
Competitive Team Tryout For New Season 2018-2019 is OPEN
For more information, please click HERE.
|U12||5.00 – 7.30pm||11.30 – 2.30pm|
|13-15||5:00 – 7.30pm||11.30 – 2.30pm|
|Location||Cook & Phillip Pool, CBD||Monte College Pool|
* Times can slightly change
Key Competitive Dates 2018/2019
Our season starts in Term 2 and continues through until Nationals. We break for two weeks for school holidays.
- Term 2- April 30th – July 7th
- Term 3 – July 23th – September 29th
- Term 4 – October 15th – December 22th
- Term 1 (2019) – Jan 29th – April 13th
- Jan 14th– 22nd 2019 – 9am -3pm (training will start the following week)
Competitions & Displays 2018/2019
- June 23rd – SNSW modified figure competition
- September 9th – Canberra Competition – Figure Competition & Half routine
- November 24th – SNSW state championships, Sydney Olympic Park
Competitions pending pool booking confirmation
- February 17th – Canberra competition – Figure Competition & Full routine
- March/April 2019 – Australian Nationals Championships– 4-day competition, Sydney Olympic Park
Other key dates
- December 1st – Xmas Display and BBQ